Monday, April 6, 2009

Home Again



Home again!





Hej! Just wanted to let you all know that we had a safe return to the US, and although Kara had her baggage searched at customs, she was still able to keep the 2 kilos of flour! I spent the weekend showing Clint all of the great things I brought back from Sweden and talking his ear off about the great people we met and things we learned. It still amazes me how much we did! My first night back I dreamt in Swedish, which was a clear sign to me that I should continue to learn the Swedish language. :)

Sweden lives on in my household! This morning for breakfast we combined our typical American peanutbutter toast with some Swedish-made honey and Rum Butter Preserves, and even had cheese with my new Swedish cheese-slicer on Britt’s serving platters! I plan on implementing fika into my days as well, although I’m pretty sure the coffee won’t be as strong. I also hung up my Lights of Alingsås calendar in my kitchen. The next task will be to tackle the thousands of photos I've taken!

Today we all returned to work. I’m pretty excited about the possibilities that Dovetail will bring to our communities based on the sustainable initiatives we learned about in Sweden. I’ll keep you updated!

It has been great to be home, and my life feels much richer now because of the great experiences we had and the wonderful people we met. I miss you all and hope you’re well! We’ll probably have another post about our District’s conference in a few weeks, where we'll hopefully meet up with the Swedish GSE inbound team and maybe Bo as well! If you're coming to the US or Minnesota, please let me know; I would love the chance to catch up and also return the hospitality. :)

Har det bra!

No comments:

Post a Comment